This Arsenal soccer programme aim is to encourage students to play ‘The Arsenal Way’. Arsenal head coach assesses all players on Mondays.
Coaching includes agility and fitness drills with and without the ball, passing and dribbling skills to increase players’ ball control and confidence. After intense drills players are placed into competitive situations such as five-a-side games, positional plays and uneven teams.
Players are organized into training groups based on ability. The academy programme is for serious players who can cope with 6 hours training a day. The demands of this intense training, where players are put under more pressure, make this one of the tougher programmes.
The soccer program is lead by one Arsenal Soccer School coach at each site.
Sports and/or language day:
- 6 hours per day (Monday thru Friday) of coaching led by an Arsenal Soccer School Coach (morning (3h) and afternoon (3h) for Soccer only Camp)
- 3 hours of English per day as Foreign Language (EFL) (Morning or afternoon for Soccer and English classes option)
- 3 hours per day (Monday thru Friday) of coaching led by an Arsenal Soccer School Coach (Morning or afternoon)
If a stay at the camp runs over a weekend (2 weeks stay only) there will be excursions included in the price; two supervised day trips with camp staff will be planned during the weekend between sessions.
The camp makes sure these trips are relaxing and fun, giving students a chance to unwind after their busy and tiring week of training, learning and playing.
- Saturdays: Students visit a theme park such as THORPE PARK or Drayton Manor.
- Sundays: Students visit a city in England for some shopping and sightseeing.
Soccer excursions: Soccer players may have the opportunity to visit the Emirates Stadium for a behind the scenes tour. Students will see all the areas that are vital to the Arsenal team on a match day – from a walk down the players’ tunnel to taking a seat in the first team dressing room and in the dug-out.
Throughout the week the students have opportunities to enjoy other activities and some free time. The venues are all equipped with recreation areas that may include table football, table tennis, (short) tennis courts, volleyball courts, five-a-side pitches, swimming pools, television and supervised internet access.
The camp dedicated Entertainments Team organize special events every evening – they are fully supervised and designed for everyone to enjoy. Events may include Crazy Olympics, Race Nights, Casino Nights, Disco and many more.
Students aged 15 – 17 will also be offered some evening entertainments at local venues off-campus. These are supervised by the camp staff and may include cinema trips, 10 pin bowling, indoor climbing walls and so on. Please note these off-site activities are subject to availability and not included in the price of your camp. The average cost is around £20 extra per event, payable on the day at the camp.
The camp interactive lessons will help students develop in using English in every day situations. This helps students get the most from their sport and makes communication easier with their coaches, teachers and new international friends.
• Maximum class size is 14 students
• 3 hours of lessons a day, Monday to Friday
• Morning or afternoon classes, based on age
• Language skills
• Presentation skills – to increase students’ confidence and Fluency in English
• Weekly project work – to help students get the most from their stay in England, we focus on aspects of English and British culture, local history and way of life
• Weekly tests – to assess student progress
• End of course Certificate and Report.
A Typical Day (Please note, times may vary a little from those shown and are subject to change)
- 07:30 Camp staff will wake you up
- 07:45 Breakfast is served in the dining room until 08:30
- 09:00 Morning meeting – to explain the morning schedule
- 09:15 Start of English lessons or soccer coaching
- 12:45 End of lessons – time to swim or relax
- 13:00 Lunch is served in the dining room until 13:30
- 13:30 Relax for half an hour
- 14:00 Afternoon meeting – to explain the afternoon schedule
- 14:15 Start of English lessons or soccer coaching
- 17:45 Free time to relax, shower, read or play sport/music with your friends
- 18:00 Supper is served in the dining room until 18:30
- 18:30 Relax for an hour
- 19:30 Start of Evening Entertainment
- 21:30 Bedtime for the younger ones
- 22:30 Bedtime for the older ones
- 23:00 Lights out
Please note actual times may vary.