This Arsenal soccer programme aim is to encourage students to play ‘The Arsenal Way’.
We recommend the Academy Programme (all day soccer) only for students of 12 years and above due to the intensity and physical demands involved. All of the activities and coaching are conducted in English and the camp multinational environment means that students will primarily communicate in English throughout their stay. This offers a ‘total immersion’ experience and maximizes an individual’s opportunity to practice and gain confidence. Confidence is the key to success in any language and constant use of that language is the key to that confidence. Students are also offered a varied selection of evening entertainment and cultural experiences through weekend excursions.
The soccer program is lead by one Arsenal Soccer School coach at each site. Arsenal head coach assesses all players on Mondays.
The Exsportise ethos is learning by experiencing so depending on an individual’s level of English and language goals, students can choose from the following options:
Sports and/or language day:
- 6 hours per day (Monday thru Friday) of coaching led by an Arsenal Soccer School Coach (morning (3h) and afternoon (3h) for Soccer only Camp) (not available at Charterhouse)
- 3 hours of English per day as Foreign Language (EFL) (Morning or afternoon for Soccer and English classes option)
- 3 hours per day (Monday thru Friday) of coaching led by an Arsenal Soccer School Coach (Morning or afternoon)
The programmes are overseen by Arsenal Soccer Schools Head Coaches and a team of accomplished assistant coaches. All other staff are very experienced enthusiastic individuals who return to camp year after year.
Staff to student ratio on campus is 1:5 and all are resident on site. All staff are police checked and have completed Child Protection Training.
Each venue has 2 full-time on-site Medical Officers plus many trained First Aiders and each venue is within easy access of hospitals and other medical professionals.
Exsportise welcomes students from all over the world although limit the number of students from any one country at any one course. This ensures that the courses are multi-national and include native speaking English children too (Oundle only). Exsportise do try their best to accommodate all room share and non-room share requests.
• Learn to ‘Play the Arsenal Way’
• Programme designed by an Arsenal Soccer Schools Head Coach
• 3 hours of coaching each day
• Wide range of skills, drills, tactics and match play
• Basics of sports science
• Focus on confidence and game experience
• Players will receive an Arsenal Soccer Schools shirt and bottle
• Average coaching ratio – 1:10
Students who are at the camp for longer than one week go on two one-day excursions each weekend supervised by Exsportise staff. The focus is on relaxation and fun after a hard week at camp.
One excursion is to the home of Arsenal – The Emirates Stadium and the second is a visit to a theme park/other attraction or a nearby city of historical and cultural significance.
One of the highlights of the camp is a visit to the home of Arsenal Football Club – The Emirates Stadium in London. Students will be taken on Arsenal’s new state of the art audio-visual tour where a host of Arsenal stars share their match-day experiences. Students will get to explore behind-the-scenes, take their place in the changing room, listen to the roar of the crowd and walk down the tunnel. The tour includes a trip to the spectacular interactive Arsenal Museum which houses exclusive exhibits including Michael Thomas’ boots from Anfield ’89, Charlie George’s 1971 FA Cup final shirt and Alan Smith’s shirt from 1994’s European Cup Winners Cup Final. Students will also get the opportunity to visit the Arsenal store.
All the venues have swimming pools. Other facilities include table tennis, table football, short tennis, volleyball and television, and Exsportise offers all students supervised internet access.
A special programme of evening activities is available to Arsenal Soccer Schools students. This includes playing in matches and tournaments against local sides, as well as watching matches and analyzing them with coaches. Other non-football related evening entertainment will also be available where students can join in with those participating in different programmes (Oundle only offer other sports camps on site).
The English programme is managed by Exsportise Directors of Studies who have tailored it to the exact needs of Exsportise students. All coaching and tuition is in English so the course specifically focuses on providing students with the tools they will need to get the most out of their camp experience. Those opting for the Academy Programme will not receive formal English tuition but will be encouraged to use and improve their English through their day to day activities.
Students will have 15 hours of English tuition per week. All lessons are interactive with significant focus on speaking and listening skills as well as grammar, pronunciation, study skills, reading and writing. The tutorials are designed to help students feel at ease, join in and make friends.
The study programme includes:
• General language skills.
• Every day Exsportise/Arsenal Soccer Schools English – to give students the language they need for their day to day sessions.
• Presentation skills – to increase students’ confidence and fluency in English.
• Weekly Project Work – focusing on aspects of English and British culture, local history and the environment.
• Weekly assessment and end of course certificate and report.
Students will need at least one year of English tuition before joining the course.
KEY POINTS OF ENGLISH CLASSES OPTIONS:
• Tailored programme of study
• Constant use of English every day
• 15 hours of English tuition per week
• Presentation skills and project work
• Weekly assessments
• End of course certificate and report
• Average teaching ratio of 1:10
Arsenal Soccer Schools – Sample Weekly Schedule with English Language Classes Option (Subject to Change):
For participants with all day soccer, English classes on the schedule will be replaced with Soccer training sessions.