Manchester City Football Performance Location
Self Check-in is on Sunday afternoons between 14:00 (2:00pm) and 16:00 (4:00pm) at Peel Park Quarter, University of Salford and Self Check-out is on Friday afternoons after the closing ceremony ending around 16:00 (4:00pm) at Etihad Stadium (Subject to availability during COVID-19).
Connell College will be your main base throughout the programme during the day, where you will start and end each day with a Daily Team Talk, participate in classroom activities, and eat lunch with your teammates. This new, bright and modern college at the heart of the Etihad Campus is located next to the Academy pitches. A high quality learning environment with changing rooms that lead directly onto the pitches, the college is also used by a number of Manchester City Football Club’s youth players throughout the year, adding to the authenticity of the experience.
Accommodations at Peel Park Quarter, University of Salford
Players will stay in high-quality university accommodation, including:
- Overview: High quality, single en-suite rooms at Peel Park Quarter, part of the University of Salford Campus Location
- Transport: Daily coach transfer provided between residence and training facilities as well as for weekend excursions
- Residence Type: University residence
- Room Type: Single
- Bathroom: Private en-suite
- Meal: Full-board included (breakfast and dinner provided at the residence; lunch provided at Connell College (except for the first two sessions); packed lunches provided on weekend excursions which are Subject to availability during COVID-19); special meals additional fees, please check the Camp Questions page.
- Facilities: Laundry facilities available at extra cost (prices vary) (free laundry provided for soccer kit but laundry bag must be purchased on arrival at camp), 24-hour reception and security, communal space, Wi-Fi, study desk, cinema room, games room, sports facilities, and swimming pool
City Football Academy Campus in Manchester
- The programs will take place in the Etihad Campus at Manchester City’s professional training grounds, the City Football Academy.
- The City Football Academy training facility is shared by Manchester City’s First Team, Women’s Team, and Academy teams.
- The City Football Academy is a state-of-the-art football training facility set in the heart of the Etihad Campus. Players will have access to a range of facilities including the Academy fields and the full-size indoor field at the City Football Academy.
- Built with a vision for youth development and sustainability, two thirds of the 16.5 fields at the City Football Academy are dedicated to youth talent while the wider development of the young players is supported by tailored coaching and education facilities.
- Players on the Performance Program from 14 to 17 years old will also get the unique opportunity to experience the facilities at the MIHP, an elite high-performance facility designed to develop athletes from all sports and frequently used by Manchester City players.
Manchester City Football Performance Details
(14 – 17 years old)
Typical Daily Camp Schedule (subject to change)
30 Hours of Coaching & Workshops with City Football Coaches
MANCHESTER CITY FC
- An exclusive insight into the philosophy of one the world’s leading football clubs
- Authentic experience of how the academy develops its players
- Opportunity to train at the City Football Academy – used by the First team, Women’s team & Academy teams
- Exclusive tour of the Etihad stadium exploring the heritage and impressive facilities
- Through a series of training sessions, workshops and tests delivered by City Football coaches and specialists, you will develop all aspects of your individual game, focusing on Football Performance, Human Performance, and Development of Talent
CITY’S FOUR PERFORMANCE FACTORS
- Technical development and how to complete a skill
- Tactical understanding and how to transfer skills into games
- Physical development and improving physical movements that relate to the game
- Psychological development and how to use the mind to positively affect the game
KEY FOCUS AREAS OF THE CITY PLAY MODEL
- Play for Fun – for players who already have a basic skill level to gain confidence
- Play to Learn – the focus changes to develop more rounded footballers, helping them to understand their role in a team and how City’s players compete at the highest level
- Play to Progress – players are shown how to further develop their understanding of the game and how to make a difference in match situations
- Play to Perform – more experienced players can show their talent and maturity through their game intelligence, decision-making and ability
- Players will train daily on the Academy fields which are located adjacent to Connell College and are used year round by the Club’s Academy teams
- There is also a full-sized indoor field, Pitch 16, which is at the heart of the CFA’s central training facility and is a truly inspirational setting to train and play
- Workshops, off-pitch sessions, lunchtimes and breaks will take place at Connell College, a modern educational facility used by some of City’s Academy players
MIHP (Manchester Institute of Health and Performance)
- Performance Program players from 14 to 17 years old will also get the unique opportunity to experience the facilities at the MIHP (Manchester Institute of Health and Performance), an elite high-performance facility located right next to the Etihad Campus which is designed to develop athletes from all sports and is frequently used by Manchester City players
ETIHAD STADIUM (Subject to availability during COVID-19)
- Players will experience a behind-the-scenes tour, before completing the course with a closing ceremony in one of the stadium suites
- Dedicated on-site team
- 24-hour supervision
- Staff to student ratios (16:1 coaching sessions and 10:1 residence)
- Airport meet and greet available
- Unaccompanied minor service available
- Police background checks on all staff
- Secure training facilities
- Female staff available on Girls Program
Workshops with City Football Coaches for the Manchester City Football Performance sessions
Please CLICK HERE (PDF) for information about the City Performance Workshops!
Manchester City Football Development
(9 – 13 years old)
(maximum stay one week)
- The City Football Development Program is an initiative for enthusiastic players from 9 to 13 years old who are at the start of their soccer journey, focusing on supporting the development of young players who are learning the fundamentals of the game.
- Gain an authentic insight into how players within Manchester City’s youth system train and play at the City Football Academy.
Typical Daily Camp Schedule (subject to change)
Parents are invited to the Etihad Campus!
Parents are welcome to attend the Closing Ceremony at Etihad Stadium at the end of camp!
(details available and to be confirmed before summer sessions start) (Subject to availability during COVID-19)
Soccer Education Coaching Staff
Coaching sessions are delivered by Manchester City staff, who are all UEFA qualified coaches and follow City’s playing philosophy and methodology.
Through the use of pitch side technology to support the camp’s curriculum:
- Players can view content, see the session plan and ask questions
- Analysis videos are used to highlight and reaffirm specific parts of the game relating to Manchester City players
- Coaches can use content to challenge both the understanding and learning of the players
- The use of diagrams and video footage also helps overcome any potential language barrier or learning styles
All coaches are DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service background checked), are Emergency Aid qualified and hold the FA Safeguarding Children award (trained to promote best practice to protect young people).
SAFEGUARDING AT CITY
Everyone has a responsibility to help provide a safe and positive environment and to keep children and other vulnerable people safe from harm or abuse. This principle applies to the camp staff, helpers, parents, facility staff and anyone else involved in the City Football Schools, and they must know and play their part in this.
The City Football Group takes its safeguarding responsibilities (also known as child protection) very seriously in this area wherever they are in the world and this means the camp is wholly committed to:
- listening to children and parents and promoting their right to be and feel safe;
- putting children, their needs and their safety and welfare first;
- getting the right people involved through safe recruitment and training;
- creating a safe environment for all participants, visitors and staff; and,
- having and promoting clear systems to deal with any issues or concerns.
As such, The City Football Schools apply all the requirements of the City Football Group Safeguarding Policy (which can be downloaded here). The camp also ensure that they meet all relevant laws and regulations of any country that they operate in or visit as part of the programme.
If you have a concern about the welfare or a child or the behaviour of a member of City Football staff or any other adult towards a child then please contact the designated Safeguarding Officer and the camp will take your concerns very seriously. You can also email us.
City Football is also committed to helping keep children safe when using the internet. Please visit the pages of the https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/training-events/online-safety-live for advice and guidance for both children and parents.