Manchester City Football Programs Location
Self Check-in is on Sunday afternoons between 12:00noon (12:00pm) and 16:00 (4:00pm) at Peel Park Quarter, University of Salford and Self Check-out is on Friday afternoons after the closing ceremony ending around 16:00 (4:00pm) at Etihad Stadium.
Connell College will be your main base throughout the programme during the day, where you will start and end each day with a Daily Team Talk, participate in classroom activities, and eat lunch with your teammates. This new, bright and modern college at the heart of the Etihad Campus is located next to the Academy pitches. A high quality learning environment with changing rooms that lead directly onto the pitches, the college is also used by a number of Manchester City Football Club’s youth players throughout the year, adding to the authenticity of the experience.
- The Soccer Only sessions are not suitable for basic level English speakers and that Soccer Only campers need to be able to speak at least an intermediate level of English
- All sessions are not suitable for complete beginners as it is an intensive soccer camp
- The Soccer and English Language Classes sessions are not suitable for players who are native level English speakers
Accommodations at Peel Park Quarter, University of Salford
Players will stay in high-quality university accommodation, including:
- Overview: High quality, single en-suite rooms at Peel Park Quarter, part of the University of Salford Campus Location
- Transport: Daily coach transfer provided between residence and training facilities as well as for weekend excursions
- Residence Type: University residence
- Room Type: Single
- Bathroom: Private en-suite
- Meal: Full-board included (breakfast and dinner provided at the residence; lunch provided at Connell College; packed lunches provided on weekend excursions (2 weeks stay Language); special meals additional fees, please check the Camp Questions page.
- Facilities: Laundry facilities available at extra cost (prices vary) (free laundry provided for soccer kit but laundry bag must be purchased on arrival at camp), 24-hour reception and security, communal space, Wi-Fi, study desk, cinema room, games room, sports facilities, and swimming pool
City Football Academy Campus in Manchester
- The programs will take place in the Etihad Campus at Manchester City’s professional training grounds, the City Football Academy.
- The City Football Academy training facility is shared by Manchester City’s First Team, Women’s Team, and Academy teams.
- The City Football Academy is a state-of-the-art football training facility set in the heart of the Etihad Campus. Players will have access to a range of facilities including the Academy fields and the full-size indoor field at the City Football Academy.
- Built with a vision for youth development and sustainability, two thirds of the 16.5 fields at the City Football Academy are dedicated to youth talent while the wider development of the young players is supported by tailored coaching and education facilities.
- Players on the Performance Program from 14 to 17 years old will also get the unique opportunity to experience the facilities at the MIHP, an elite high-performance facility designed to develop athletes from all sports and frequently used by Manchester City players.
Manchester City Football Performance Details:
(14 – 17 years old, Boys sessions and Girls sessions, Maximum stay 1 week)
Typical Daily Camp Schedule (subject to change)
30 Hours of Coaching & Workshops per week with City Football Coaches
MANCHESTER CITY FC
- An exclusive insight into the philosophy of one the world’s leading football clubs
- Authentic experience of how the academy develops its players
- Opportunity to train at the City Football Academy – used by the First team, Women’s team & Academy teams
- Exclusive tour of the Etihad stadium exploring the heritage and impressive facilities
- Through a series of training sessions, workshops and tests delivered by City Football coaches and specialists, you will develop all aspects of your individual game, focusing on Football Performance, Human Performance, and Development of Talent
CITY’S FOUR PERFORMANCE FACTORS
- Technical development and how to complete a skill
- Tactical understanding and how to transfer skills into games
- Physical development and improving physical movements that relate to the game
- Psychological development and how to use the mind to positively affect the game
KEY FOCUS AREAS OF THE CITY PLAY MODEL
- Play for Fun – for players who already have a basic skill level to gain confidence
- Play to Learn – the focus changes to develop more rounded footballers, helping them to understand their role in a team and how City’s players compete at the highest level
- Play to Progress – players are shown how to further develop their understanding of the game and how to make a difference in match situations
- Play to Perform – more experienced players can show their talent and maturity through their game intelligence, decision-making and ability
- Players will train daily on the Academy fields which are located adjacent to Connell College and are used year round by the Club’s Academy teams
- There is also a full-sized indoor field, Pitch 16, which is at the heart of the CFA’s central training facility and is a truly inspirational setting to train and play
- Workshops, off-pitch sessions, lunchtimes and breaks will take place at Connell College, a modern educational facility used by some of City’s Academy players
MIHP (Manchester Institute of Health and Performance)
- Performance Program players from 14 to 17 years old will also get the unique opportunity to experience the facilities at the MIHP (Manchester Institute of Health and Performance), an elite high-performance facility located right next to the Etihad Campus which is designed to develop athletes from all sports and is frequently used by Manchester City players
- Players will experience a behind-the-scenes tour, before completing the course with a closing ceremony in one of the stadium suites
Manchester City Football Development Details:
(9 – 13 years old, Junior Boys sessions and Junior Girls sessions)
(maximum stay is one week)
- The City Football Development Program is an initiative for enthusiastic players from 9 to 13 years old who are at the start of their soccer journey, focusing on supporting the development of young players who are learning the fundamentals of the game.
- By creating a fun learning environment in which to train and play, City Football Schools provide participants with the authentic experience of training like a City player on the City Football Academy pitches.
- With sessions taken from the City Play Model, practical training sessions focus on the technical aspects of the Play to Learn curriculum and how these techniques and skills can be transferred into more tactical situations in the Play To Learn curriculum (exact content to be adapted to specific ages and abilities).
Typical Daily Camp Schedule (subject to change)
Soccer and Language Camp Details:
(14 – 17 years old, Boys sessions and Girls sessions (minimum stay 2 weeks, 9 – 13 years old Junior Boys sessions (1 and 2 weeks sessions)
Manchester City Football Schools and British Study Centres have combined soccer and language expertise to create unique high-quality soccer and English courses for Boys, Girls, and Junior Boys.
Soccer training sessions are delivered by a top quality coaching team from City Football Schools who are experienced in the Club’s philosophy and methodology.
Interactive English language sessions are led by a professional language teaching team from education provider British Study Centres who use digital learning tools which are designed to engage and motivate players.
Players will be allocated into groups according to their level of English, their level of soccer, and their age.
SOCCER TRAINING SESSIONS
Delivered by City Football Schools coaches who are experienced in Manchester City’s philosophy and methodology, soccer training sessions will provide an authentic insight into how Manchester City players train on a daily basis.
Players will receive 15 hours per week of soccer coaching throughout the program, where coaches will continually integrate and reinforce learning both on and off the field. Soccer coaching will focus on key areas such as:
- Development of individual technique and skills
- Realistic game scenarios
- Improving Team Play
- Gaining a better understanding of how City Play
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SESSIONS
Delivered by qualified teachers with a passion for soccer, English language sessions draw on interactive technology to make learning an enjoyable and memorable experience.
In 15 hours per week of off-field learning, players will improve English communication skills by completing a dedicated journey through the world of Manchester City, discovering life as a player, a manager, an analyst and a journalist. Each morning they will learn about
key elements of the profession, and each afternoon they will put these skills into practice in real-life activities, such as:
- Press conference and media interviews
- Soccer analysis and punditry
- Match commentating and discussion
- Video and written journalism projects
In the evenings players can relax with friends in social activities at the residence, such as games nights and sports nights.
Campers will go on a tour of Etihad Stadium. During the weekend for the two week Soccer and Language campers, they will also go on a trip to the National Football Museum and visit an exciting location outside of Manchester, such as Alton Towers.
Parents are invited to the Etihad Campus!
Parents are welcome to attend the Closing Ceremony at Etihad Stadium at the end of camp on Friday!
(details available and to be confirmed before summer sessions start)
- Soccer Coaches:
Football programs are delivered by an exceptionally friendly, highly qualified, and caring team of coaches. As well as being UEFA qualified, thorough background checks are conducted on all coaches (this is also the case for on-site and residential staff).
All coaches are internally trained in the Club’s philosophy and methodology, are DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service), are Emergency Aid qualified, and hold the FA Safeguarding Children award (trained to promote best practice in protecting young people).
- Welfare Manager, Center Manager and Activities Manager:
To ensure that players remain happy, entertained, and safe on-site and at the residence, The camp provides a dedicated Welfare Manager, Centre Manager, and Activities Manager. The Welfare Manager, in particular, plays a key role in making sure students feel happy and comfortable during their stay. So, if your child has a problem, is worried about something, or has a personal issue they want to discuss, the Welfare Manager is on hand to support him/her.
SAFETY AND WELFARE MEASURES:
At Manchester City Football School, they strive to make their camp players’ time here a fun, inspirational and memorable one. At the same time, they make every effort to keeping them safe during your stay. They do this by implementing the following measures:
- A dedicated on-site team
- 24-hour supervision by caring and approachable staff
- Secure training and residential facilities (Etihad Campus has perimeter fencing and CCTV, whilst the residence has 24/7 security)
- 16:1 staff to student ratios during coaching sessions
- 10:1 staff to student ratios at the residence
- Trained first-aiders on-site
- Full police background checks on all staff
- Female staff are available for the girl’s programs
- A dedicated Welfare Manager and Center Manager
- Airport meet and greet service is available at an extra cost
- Unaccompanied minor service is available at an extra cost
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN IN FOOTBALL
Manchester City Football School adheres to all the requirements of the Manchester City Football Group safeguarding policy. They take these safeguarding responsibilities extremely seriously and are committed to:
- Listening to children and parents and promoting their right to be and feel safe.
- Putting children, their needs, and their safety and welfare first.
- Getting the right people involved through safe recruitment and training.
- Creating a safe environment for all participants, visitors, and staff; and, having and promoting clear systems to deal with any issues or concerns.
- Keeping children in the camp care safe when using the internet.
If you have a concern about the welfare of a child in the camp care, please email us.